Sunday, October 24, 2010

IT'S SUNDAY AFTERNOON. WHERE ARE YOUR CHILDREN

Beautiful Sunday Afternoon. I love it when the blue sky and clouds reflect into the water. Helps me relax and makes me think about the important things in life. I was going to communicate about the effect the rising stock market is going to have on the economy over the next year but I recently received a message from a friend about a lead she received on the possible whereabouts of her missing daughter. Her daughter didn't disappear in the last few days.....Or even in the last few months. It has been fifteen years since she last saw her. This is just one of the many leads she has followed up during this time. I won't mention her full name yet but she is from Madisonville, Ky and is well known in those parts. While I am willing to help her in just about anyway I can, including writing a story for the world to hear, i am not sure I am the best person for the job. In any event, my heart aches for her as she tells me that she is about to run down this recent lead about a girl in a mental hospital who claims to be the missing daughter. Although it is likely that this lead will be a blind alley like so many others she has followed over the years, her words to me were a simple, "I have to know." More than anything she has said, these simple words let me know a fraction of of the anguish she has felt for so long. Those of you who have children of your own, no matter how old, put your self in her place for a few minutes....If you can stand it. Another simple set of words that ring true are, "No child should ever be just missing." No matter what their condition, they should be found so that the family can welcome them back or give them an honorable goodbye.

Stories About Missing Children and Young Adults Abound. I guess I haven't paid a lot of attention to them up until now. Let's all take a moment to recollect where our children are. Let's also say a prayer for Sara that she can find an end to her soulful journey of the last fifteen years. I wish I knew what I could do to help her. I will try to keep you informed of any progress in future posts.

I Promised To Keep You Up To Date About My Other Journey. Since my last week's post, I only lost another pound. This is probably more realistic than my previous weekly result of five pounds. Still, 167 lbs is certainly much better than close to 180 a year or so ago. The bad news is that my H A/1c is still 7.7. Much too high and certainly a level that damages my body. They won't test that again until January. It is important that I receive a better result at that time.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart, Phil. See what I mean now about the heart??? When I received the information yesterday...a 2 yr old lead...there was no hesitation on my part to 'track down the lead'. Yes, I've tracked many leads in this fifteen year journey of searching for Heather. Two leads actually came to me this week: one that Heather has been sold and this one...that a girl in a mental institution may be Heather. ( I cannot share the rest of the lead until I make sure the girl is not Heather).
    The search for Heather and for the truth will not end until I have Heather home. Phil and I will keep you posted! Thank you, Phil, for 'hearing' and for 'seeing'...We must know! P.S. My name is spelled: Sarah

    ReplyDelete