Wednesday, July 11, 2007

BACK IN COLORADO

We Made It. Two relatively easy days of driving and we're back in Colorado. I have a to-do list as long as my arm but I'll be taking it one day at a time. Anyone needing an appointment can call the office and talk to Susan at 720-449-0200. If you want to try to reach me directly, the best number is 303-693-9610.

This will be a relatively short post since it is 11:15 PM. I am still trying to get a feel for this market. It appears that interest rate sensitive stocks are not doing well. Probably because a lot of folks are waiting for more rate increases on short-term bank deposits. I've been seeing some four to five per cent money market accounts advertised on the internet. Some of them from Banks. One such ad was from Capital One Bank with a 4.75% money market account. No minimum deposit was required and you were allowed 3 checks a month in the minimum amount of $250. I stopped by the Beaumont Texas branch to make a deposit but they told me that rate was an internet special and they were only offering 1.5%. Might as well keep the money under the mattress.

I've been watching a number of friends hit age milestones. My oldest grandson just turned 20. One of my best clients just turned 60, and my brother-in-law is turning 60 in September. I keep remembering that I turn 70 in January. One bit of encouraging news comes from an e-mail newsletter by Steve Goodier at lifesupportsystem.com. He reminded me that Churchill wrote a four volume masterpiece entitled The History of English Speaking People at the age of 82. Tolstoy and Goethe also finished major works at that age. Steve says you are too old when you have nothing left to give. Thanks, Steve I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment