Sunday, October 22, 2006

GREETINGS FROM NEW MEXICO

Here we are in Raton New Mexico. I am at the Holiday Inn express, using my laptop on their high speed internet to check the markets, e-mail and make a quick post. I am on my way to Texas but I still am able to manage my money and that of clients. Some people complain that the current generation will be the first to not have a standard of living equal to their parents. I guess I'm part of the parent generation that they don't think they will have a standard of living equal to. When I was 30 something, you couldn't have a computer equal to this one without several rooms of climate control space, a card punching machine, and hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase the computer and peripheral equipment. You couldn't buy a cell phone because they weren't invented yet. Likewise microwave ovens and GPS devices. Of course, it was easier to figure out how to use a Royal typewriter than this damn thing. At least I knew how to get it to make a new paragraph. I will be in Texas off and on throughout the winter and I will be able to manage our money and communicate with you. Even if I can't figure out how to make a paragraph on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment